Visions, Values & Ethos
We aim to be an outstanding SEMH school which offers a safe and stimulating learning environment where pupils are able to develop socially, academically and emotionally, in order for pupils to attain and achieve their full potential becoming effective citizens, life-long learners and enjoy good mental health.
‘Working together….Achieving together’ best describes our desired ‘ethos’ for Hailey Hall.
Our ‘vision’ is best described along the lines of:
‘We believe that through outstanding relationships amongst pupils and staff, everyone is entitled to:
- a love of learning
- stay safe and cared for
- achieve personal progress both academically and socially
- develop resilience to success / failure
- develop social awareness
- respect the views and beliefs of others
- develop positive attitudes to others
- realise their potential
- believe in their own worth
- take ownership of their behaviour and learning
- accept and enjoy challenge
- successfully move on to the next stage of their life
- function as a responsible member of society
We will further explain our vision by words along the lines of:
- the way staff interact with children – respecting, valuing, praising, rewarding, celebrating, supporting and enabling achievement to take place;
- the way staff interact with each other – valuing, respecting, collegiately working, encouraging, sharing, empathising and supporting, outstanding practice;
- the way staff interact with parents – respecting, valuing, empathising and supporting good parental practice through good communication and supportive networks;
- appropriate use of verbal and non-verbal communication, open friendly, non-threatening, encouraging and supporting emotional development and resilience.
To develop our total curriculum provision to ensure that we offer high quality learning opportunities that are able to meet the needs of each pupil that maximises pupil progress and instils in our pupils the confidence to contribute positively to our society.
To extend the range of extra curriculum provision opportunities for all our stakeholders and develop Hailey Hall School as an active, healthy school.
To create a stimulating, secure and exciting environment, which encourages full and positive participation in all aspects of school life by all stakeholders.
To ensure that all pupils are adequately supported, appropriately challenged and have a variety of opportunities to exceed expectations and overcome barriers to learning.
To create a supportive caring and purposeful ethos which promotes the values of the school and offers a high quality customer service to individual pupils, parents and other key stakeholders.
To improve school performance by providing high quality support, accountability and professional development for teaching and non teaching colleagues.
At Hailey Hall we aim to create an ethos relevant to the needs of the young people and society ,and reflects the following British values:
- Mutual Respect
- Respect for other cultures and their values,
- Individual liberty
- Belief in personal and social responsibility
- Respect for the law
These values are promoted in our:
- Extended learning
- Tutor groups
- Cross Curricular / Cultural Learning days