KS4 Design Technology
Within Key Stage 4 Design and Technology we continue to teach pupils how to take managed, creative risks and so become more resourceful, innovative, enterprising and capable. Pupils are provided with opportunities to continue to develop a critical understanding of the impact of design and technology developments on daily life and the wider world.
Design and Technology encourages our pupils to learn to think and intervene creatively to solve problems both as individuals and as members of a team in response to given criteria and the constraints of a brief for a project. Pupils will continue to develop and apply judgments of an aesthetic, economic, moral, social, and a technical nature both in their own designing and when evaluating the work of others.
Why this subject is important:
- It helps you to demonstrate your design and technology capability.
- It helps you to design and make original, creative products.
- It allows you to work with a range of materials.
- It helps you to explore and investigate different products.
- It helps you to carry out individual, original research.