You will explore the formal elements of art that will provide you with experiences that you can draw on to enable you to communicate your ideas and meanings, developing confidence, competence, imagination and creativity.
You will learn to appreciate and value images and artefacts across times and cultures and to understand the contexts in which they were made. You will learn to think and act as artists, craftspeople and designers, working creatively and intelligently. You will develop an appreciation of art, craft and design and its role in the creative and cultural industries that enrich our lives.
Why this subject is important:
- It helps you to demonstrate your art design capability.
- It helps you to design and make original, creative pieces of artwork.
- It allows you to work with a range of materials.
- It helps you to explore and investigate the work of other artists and art from different cultures and times.
- It helps you to carry out individual, original research.
- It helps you to acquire a range of practical skills.