This BTEC Level 2 course provides an engaging and relevant introduction to the world of sport.
It incorporates important aspects of the industry, such as fitness testing and training for sport and exercise, the psychology of sport, practical sports performance and sports leadership. It enables you to develop and apply your knowledge, while also developing a range of relevant practical, communication and technical skills.
The qualification is 120 GLH, which is the same size and level as a GCSE, is aimed at everyone who wants to find out more about the sport industry.
You will study three mandatory units, covering the underpinning knowledge and skills required for the sports sector:
- fitness for sport and exercise
- practical performance in sport
- applying the principles of personal training.
You will build on the knowledge gained in the mandatory units by choosing one further unit, covering areas such as:
- the mind and sports performance
- the sports performer in action
- leading sports activities.