Government Strategy And The Eight Gatsby Benchmarks
All advice and support provided to pupils is aligned to The Government’s Career Strategy, which was developed in December 2017.
They are underpinned by the Gatsby Benchmarks, which are a framework of eight guidelines for good career guidance, developed to support schools in providing pupils with the best possible careers education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG).
The eight Gatsby Benchmarks are:
- A stable careers programme.
- Learning from career and labour market information.
- Addressing the needs of each pupil.
- Linking curriculum learning to careers.
- Encounters with employers and employees.
- Experiences of workplaces.
- Encounters with further and higher education.
- Personal guidance.